Beyond The Basics
Beyond The Basics Mission
Beyond the Basics is an additional 6-month transition program that follows the Back2Basics program and is focused on transitioning our clients into ‘real life’. In Beyond the Basics we provide for the groundwork to gradually transition our clients from rehabilitation and recovery into living real life with long-term sobriety. At Beyond the Basics we strive to be an active learning community, which demands an even deeper understanding and practice of ‘real life’ guided by the 12-step principles.
While the programs are sequential, the Beyond the Basics program is not required and our Back2Basics client must apply and express the desire to really want to continue. This leads our client to take ownership of their decision and commit to their sobriety success. Most of our Back2Basics graduates choose to continue on to Beyond the Basics.
Beyond The Basics Adventure Trip to Blue Ridge Reservoir
Beyond The Basics Program
Continuation with therapeutic counseling as a key recovery foundation and part of the life-long journey to staying sober.
Group Adventure Trips
Beyond the Basics clients create a monthly budget and they decide what they want to do for outings.
Addiction Treatment Program
6-month program with less restrictions, boundaries and curfews. Gradual transition into ‘real life’.
Addiction Treatment Program Living
Gradually Getting Into Real Life
Overview Of The Transition Process
Beyond the Basics is different from other programs in that we call it ‘transitional’. During this important phase we provide a lot more structure, support, therapist and staff assistance than other programs to help our clients ‘gradually get into real life’.
Coaching and Counseling
Beyond the Basics utilizes coaching, therapeutic counseling and the 12-steps to promote a well rounded, sober lifestyle. Each individual session is led by a licensed therapist and clinically supervised master’s-level counselors. Beyond the Basics counselors are new to each client. The goal with counseling here is to do the work necessary to be ready for life on the last day of Beyond the Basics. Clients will be led by the same therapist(s), throughout a his entire stay. We will help your son not just be sober, but learn to take his sobriety into the rest of his life. Transition provides an environment for recent graduates of B2B to practice the tools they have acquired, in a real world setting.
Beyond the Basics Principles
- Accountability – clients must meet their obligations to not only life beyond the transition house (work, school, etc.), but also their responsibilities to the house and community (cleanliness, curfew, etc.)
- Integrity – clients will be coached to be men of their word. They will be required to show up for their own lives and recovery (meeting attendance, sponsorship, etc.)
- Leadership – Clients will be asked to develop self-motivation and be willing to take positions of leadership within the community.
- Self-support – Clients will be coached to practice financial accountability and management. One of the principle goals of a clients’ stay is to be entirely financially independent upon exit.
- Transparency – Mistakes are opportunities for clients to learn. We allow the space for our clients to utilize their own decision making skills. We demand client to be open to processing both successes and failures with staff and their therapists. Transparency provides an environment where staff and clients can problem solve together free of judgement.
Are You Ready To Get Started?
We Can Help
Back2Basics Outdoor Adventure Recovery offers up to a six-month addiction treatment program for substance abuse and alcohol treatment for young adult males 18-30 years of age and is a “private pay” or accepts Insurance. Back2Basics uniquely combines Therapeutic Counseling, Outdoor Adventure Recovery and our Addiction Treatment Program to provide the best possible treatment to achieve long-term sobriety.