Overnight Addiction Treatment Program Recovery Support Staff
JOB TITLE: Overnight Addiction Treatment Program Recovery Support Staff
Reports To: Addiction Treatment Program Coordinator and Program Director
The Overnight Addiction Treatment Program Recovery Support Staff functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing direct and indirect client care, under the supervision of the Program Manager. Provides for the personal care and comfort of clients during the overnight time period, which is from 11pm to 7am. The main function of the overnight staff position is to ensure that all clients are accounted for while they sleep and to address any concerns that may arise during that time period.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. College coursework in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health or related field preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience in a behavioral health or social services setting, with knowledge of addictions treatment and an understanding of daily living/social skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- If in recovery, a minimum of one to two years sobriety/clean time. Prefer experience in 12-step recovery.
- Prefer experience in administering psychotropic medication.
- BLS (American Heart Assoc. or Red Cross) within 30 days of hire.
- First Aid
- Minimum of Class 2 Fingerprint Clearance
- Employees must be able to validate a minimum of one (1) year clean and sober lifestyle along with a clean criminal history record for minimum of one (1) year.
- Enforcement of evening B2B addiction treatment program rules.
- A full house check upon arrival of B2B properties to ensure cleanliness and address any campus concerns.
- Ensure clients are accounted for and cleanliness meets expectations.
- Complete multiple random house checks of all properties during the overnight shift.
- Dispense evening and morning medications and log them accordingly.
- Enforcement of wakeup time.
- Ensure morning meditation is completed.
- Complete end of shift report by end of shift and communicate shift notes to team.
- Complete morning cleaning of houses and have clients ready to leave for the gym before morning staff arrives.
- Must be able to accept other assignments at the discretion of the Addiction Treatment Program Director and Executive Staff.
- Follow all driving rules and regulations when transporting clients and/or driving a B2B vehicle.
- Employees must be 21 years or age or older.
- Must be able to walk, bend, lift, or stand for reasonable periods of time.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Must be able to deal with a high stress and high demand work environment.
- Must be able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, clients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains Certifications and expectations of a clean diving record (CPR, First Aid, clean MVR, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to the Program’s standards of care, program rules, protocols, and handbooks.
- Maintains knowledge of program rules, protocols, and handbooks.
- Establishes trusting, respectful, and therapeutic relationships with clients while maintaining healthy boundaries and professional standards of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates respect for client diversity (gender, age, religion, culture, sexual identity/orientation, and physical/mental disabilities).
- Provide daily information to other staff and supervisor regarding observations and interactions with clients.
- Document daily updates and observations of clients, including incidents that may be significant to shift supervisor.
- Coach Life Skills on an individual basis as needed.
- Employs appropriate crisis intervention techniques as required.
- Maintains a safe, clean, therapeutic environment at all times.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities in client care. Takes accountability for client safety while on duty. Will ensure clients are accounted for at all times. Checks clients and the environment meticulously for contraband.
- Role models and teaches appropriate social skills to clients.
- Facilitates a positive therapeutic environment. Ensures the integrity of the program by providing high quality interactions and activities as scheduled.
- Maintains consistency and predictability of milieu structure.
- Participates in home maintenance duties as assigned by Program Director.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wages based on experience. 2 weeks paid time off in calendar year after 1 year of employment. 401k matching after 1-year employment.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
If you are interested in applying for the position above, please send your cover letter and resume to Francisco Rendon at: